Uniform Expectations at Allenbourn Middle School
All children are expected to come to school neatly dressed in school uniform.
Uniform is considered a very important aspect of school life and is an indicator of a desire to set high standards. Our uniform has recently been reviewed alongside our Academy Committee and we ask all parents to ensure that the following expectations for school uniform are consistently met by all pupils. Parents’ co-operation in this matter is essential and where cost is a real problem, be it for uniform or P.E. kit, parents should contact the Headteacher.
- Black school shoes must be worn. No trainers, slip-on or high-heeled shoes are permitted. IMPORTANT: From September 2023 children will not be permitted to wear branded black trainers at Allenbourn Middle School.
- Children can wear black tailored school shorts or trousers.
- From September 2023, skirts MUST be pleated and should be no more than two or three centimetres above the knee. Trousers should not be tight-fitting.
- White plain cotton/polycotton school shirt with long or short sleeves – no polo shirts.
- School tie.
- Black V-neck Allenbourn jumper with school logo only.
- Black or grey ankle/knee-length socks or black or grey tights should be worn. Traditional school tights only are permitted.
- White socks, trainer socks, sports leggings and sheer tights are not permitted.
- Children should not wear a hoodie, including their school P.E. hoodie, to school or around our school site. Instead, they should wear a school sweatshirt and/or a coat.
- Children are not permitted to wear make-up or have any piercings other than a single ear stud in each ear.
- Children should not wear Smartwatches, or similar devices, to school.
- Children should not attend school with their hair coloured, or with any other extreme style.
The school tie and Allenbourn V-neck jumper are only available to purchase from Bartletts Schoolwear 52 King Street, Town Centre, Wimborne, BH21 1DX. All other items are generic and can be purchased from other school wear retailers.
The summer uniform is identical, but in excessively warm weather, pupils will be given permission to remove ties. This privilege will be at the discretion of the Headteacher.
- Black and gold PE top.
- Black shorts or plain black skort (we recommend two pairs of shorts or one pair of shorts and the skort).
- Black and gold reversible rugby top (the reversible shirt is an expensive item. If you buy a generous size it should last four years at Allenbourn).
- Long black socks.
- Trainers and football boots.
- Black AMS hoodie (optional).
- In cold weather - black under layer, plain black leggings/tracksuit bottoms - worn at the discretion of the PE staff (optional).
- Personal protection equipment - see below.
Please provide a large named fabric bag in which to keep kit (NOT A PLASTIC CARRIER).
Personal Protection Equipment
All pupils will be taking part in activities that will require them to have shin pads and a mouth guard. These do not have to be expensive items and can be purchased from places such as Sports Direct or Amazon for a reasonable price.
All P.E. kit must be named and a check for this will be carried out at the beginning of term and periodically.
It is strongly recommended that all items of clothing are clearly labelled with your child’s name.
All uniform can be purchased from Bartletts Schoolwear 52 King Street, Town Centre, Wimborne, BH21 1DX.