Geography is all about the world around us. During their four years at Allenbourn, all pupils will gain an understanding of the world they live in, global issues, and develop knowledge of human and physical features of the world.
All topics are underpinned by the following skills:
- Map Skills: including using grid references; symbols; scale; contour lines
- Fieldwork Skills: including collection of and analysis of data from a range of sources
- Place Knowledge: including recognising their own place in the world; in depth studies of other locations; location of continents and important human and physical features
- Physical Geography: recognising processes which are continually creating the landscapes around us
- Human Geography: economics; settlements; different cultures and how people interact with the world.
- Wider global issues